MEP Partner: Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD)
The Madison Metropolitan School District has a simple but bold vision—that every school will be a thriving school that prepares every student to graduate from high school ready for college, career and community. MMSD is focused on becoming a model urban school district that serves children and families through strategic capacity-building, establishing a culture of excellence, and striving for equity for all students. For more on the District’s goals and vision, follow MMSD’s Strategic Framework.
- Serves roughly 27,000 students
- Second largest school district in Wisconsin, after Milwaukee
- Encompasses 74 square miles
- Serves cities of Madison and Fitchburg, the villages of Maple Bluff and Shorewood Hills, and the towns of Blooming Grove, Burke, and Madison
- Staff: 5,900
- Operating Budget: $524 Million